Is Clientside Paging possible

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Edited Aug 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Hi
while I appreciate that the gridmvc hat serverside paging out of the box, there are many situations, where I would like to use the grid with clientside paging (loading all data into client browser and having paging there only for better organized viewability.

Is that possibel ?
Thanks for info and Thanks for Your great work
Michael
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Hi,

As you know gridmvc uses Razor view engine for templating. It means that gridmvc can render html layout only on the server side. But you can return it to client. You can make ajax call and request html layout for specific page.

Also it depends on pager implementation that you want to create. In last time more popular are pagers that loads additional data (infinite scrolls). It's very nice, beacase you don't need to request to total count of items to render the total pages. I've created an new mechanism for creating custom pagers in 3.0beta version. You can see it in action - http://gridmvc.azurewebsites.net/Home/AjaxPaging. I don't have an documentation, yet. But you can get sample app from the repository to see how it works: custom pager implamentation queries page from server and append html layout to the grid. But, in this case sort and filtering reloads page.

I think about of creating fork for full client side grid, but then I need to use client templaing (for example knockout.js) to render the grid. In any case, it will be a different grid. without strong typing (may be think about TypeScript).
Aug 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Hi

thanks for all the info, I understand., All the best, Michael