Possibility to have selected filter displayed?

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:48 AM
First of all would like to say that this grid is just awesome and it was extremely easy to integrate into our project.

There is something that is missing however and I could not find any examples with the search on how I can have the selected filter value displayed straight in the grid header with out clicking on the funnel icon.

What I mean I would like to have the header cell to be in following format or similar

"{ColumnHeaderTitle} ({SelectedFilterValue}) {FunnelIcon}"

With the selected filter value to be one the following

Equals = filter
Contains = filter
StartsWith = filter*
EndsWith = *filter
GreaterThan = filter>
LessThan = filter<

Is there some way that I can extend the current renderers or other means to achieve this?

Thanks,
-Janne
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Hi,

Yes, you need to create custom IGridColumnHeaderRenderer implementation and override it on a specific column
Jan 28, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Ok, thank you very much for pointing me at the right direction. I'm not sure if its required but I needed to extract quite a few internal classes from the assembly as well (JsonHelper, CustomQueryStrinBuilder, QueryStringFiltercolumnHeaderRenderer and QueryStringSortColumnHeaderRenderer) so I could create the renderer with proper additional renderers and sorting/filter settings. Because I wanted the filtered text to be part of the Sortable header link.